Workplace Charging Scheme
A complete guide covering what the Workplace Charging Scheme is, how it works and how you can claim £350 for each electric car charging point for your business.
What is the Worplace Charging Scheme?
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a grant that businesses can use to reduce the cost of installing electric vehicle chargepoints for their staff by up to £14,000.
- The WCS grant is for £350 per chargepoint socket up to 40 sockets per applicant business.
- The WCS is available to any business, charity or public authority, with some conditions.
- The grant is provided by the government Office for Low Emissions Vehicles.
How do I qualify for the Worplace Charging Scheme?
The Workplace Charging Scheme is available from the 21st November 2016 onwards to any business, charity or public authority.
- You must have off-street parking.
- No electric vehicle (EV) proof is needed, but you will need to clarify a need for the business.
- You must have the chargepoints installed by an OZEV-approved workplace charging point installer.
What are the benefits of electric car charging points for business?
30% of electric vehicle drivers do their charging at the workplace.
- Fuel bills savings can be as much as £3,000 a year per vehicle..
- You can offer electric vehicle charging to your visitors.
- You can reduce employee benefit in kind tax by 100% for company cars in 2020/21.
- A green fleet can help reduce CO2 emissions and reach sustainability goals.
How do I claim the Workplace Charging Scheme with AMP EV?
AMP EV is an OZEV-approved installer.
To claim £350 off the cost of you new workplace chargepoint, all you have to do is contact the AMP EV team and one of our experts will do the rest!